The Rental Process
1. Fill out rental documents with your agent
Often times this will include a type of agency disclosure.
2. Look at properties
You can search online or enlist the help of your agent.
3. Complete a rental application
Your agent will charge a rental fee. This is generally 1/2 of one month’s rent.
4. Perform a credit or background check
This will be a onetime cost of $50.
5. Determine if you need a cosigner
You may need someone with good credit to cosign your lease to
ensure the landlord that your rent will be paid.
6. Sign the lease!
Congratulations, you’ve found your rental! This may also include
paying one month, and/or the first and last month of rent as well as a 60% (of one month) Realestate Fee. See details per property.
7. Pay for utilities
Make sure you know what is provided and what you need to arrange on your own.
8. Don’t forget to pay the rent!
Enjoy your new home!