There is a science to making the perfect hard boiled egg. Whether it is for Easter or egg salad, or a protein packed breakfast a hard boiled egg makes a great meal.
1. Put the eggs in a single layer in a saucepan, covered by an inch of cold water.
2. Gently bring the eggs to a boil will help keep them from cracking.
3. Add a tablespoon of vinegar to the water to keep the egg whites from running out of any eggs that happen to crack while cooking,
4. Add a half teaspoon of salt to help both with the preventing of cracking and making the eggs easier to peel.
5. When the water starts to boil, remove the pan from the heat for a few seconds.
6. Remove the pan from the heat.
7. Cover the pan and let sit for 12 minutes.
8. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and place them into a bowl of ice water.
9. Eat within 5 days.