One thing is for sure you cannot control mother nature but you can control how prepared you are. The weather can be unpredictable so it is important to prepare as best you can.
Here are some things you can do when you know a storm is coming:
1. Keep up-to-date on the weather conditions.
2. Charge your cell phone. Make sure to also have a car charger for your cell phone.
3. Charge your laptop computer and tablet devices.
4. Set your refrigerator and freezer controls to coldest settings.
5. Fill the gas tank in your car.
6. Have cash available.
7. Fill your bathtub with water.
8. Shop for bottled water and non perishables for quick and easy meals.
9. Make sure the tank on your gas grill is full.
10. Check flashlights and batteries.
11. Have a battery or hand crank-powered radio.
12. Have a hard-wired land line telephone available.
With just a few easy steps you can be storm-ready in no time.